The California Department of Education, Special Education Division has issued the following requirements for the DRDP assessment of children with IFSPs and IEPs:
- Children will continue to be assessed with the Interim DRDP for Special Ed through the fall of 2021
- Children must have a signed IFSP in a local education agency (LEA) or a signed preschool IEP to be assessed
- A child’s special education services must begin by November 1 to be included in the fall DRDP assessment
Download the "Supplemental Guidance for Special Education on Using the DRDP during the COVID-19 Pandemic" to assist you in completing the DRDP this fall. It includes a summary of the requirements, key considerations, and recommended practice.
Be sure to obtain these important resources for completing the assessment at DRAccess.org/interimDRDP:
- Interim DRDP for Special Ed/Preschool Information Page and Rating Record (use with preschool children with IEPs)
- Interim DRDP for Special Ed/Infant-Toddler Information Page and Rating Record (use with infants and toddlers with IFSPs)
For more information, contact the Desired Results Access Project.